Nigeria's Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has stated that the recent kidnapping incident in Oyo State was carried out by dislodged terrorists from the Jama'atu Ansril Musilmina (JAS) group. This information was part of a morning recap of top news stories.
The Nigerian Federal Government has reportedly missed its first-quarter tax revenue target by a significant N2.2 trillion. This shortfall highlights challenges in the nation's fiscal performance for the period.
US and Nigerian forces conducted a joint operation in the northern region, resulting in the killing of over 20 jihadist fighters, including members of ISWAP. The operation targeted militant groups in the area.
Nigerian political parties, including the APC, conducted primaries and announced candidates for upcoming elections, with some members winning tickets while others faced disqualification or defection. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) also received a presidential candidate.
The United States and Nigeria have announced the killing of a high-ranking Islamic State leader, Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, during a joint military operation. Both nations confirmed the successful strike, which has prompted discussions on its strategic implications and the broader anti-terror strategy.
The court martial proceedings related to last year's foiled coup plot in Nigeria are scheduled to resume on May 8, according to a spokesman for the country's Defence Headquarters.
Virginia has approved a new electoral map, widely described as gerrymandered, which is expected to benefit Democrats and potentially increase their representation in Congress. This decision comes amidst a national debate over redistricting and its impact on election outcomes.
The Nigerian military has destroyed 101 illegal refineries and arrested 219 suspects, recovering over 547,920 litres of stolen petroleum products, according to the Defence Headquarters.
Nigeria's Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has urged the public to disregard false and misleading narratives circulating on social media that suggest the Armed Forces are prioritizing leniency for terrorists over justice for victims.
Uba said that at no point did General Oluyede indict or generalise that residents of the two North-East states were supporting terrorists.
The post CDS didn’t accuse Borno, Yobe residents of aiding…
PoliticsbloombergNYTwsj+7FTwapoFox Newstimes-ukder-standardil-sole-24-oreTimes of India2mo ago10 sources
State Rep. James Talarico wins Texas Democratic Senate primary, setting up historic bid to become first Democrat elected to Senate in nearly four decades.
Nigeria’s Defence Headquarters clarifies that US military support is for training and strengthening counter-terrorism efforts, posing no threat to sovereig
Read More: https://punchng.com/counter-terrorism-us-military-support-not-abnormal-says-dhq/
The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) dismissed claims of a terrorist base in Nigeria's South-West region and intensified the search for abducted pupils in Oyo State, with Chief of Defence Staff Olufemi Oluyede extending sympathies to the victims' families.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) conducted its primary elections in multiple Nigerian states, determining candidates for various offices. While some winners were declared, the primaries faced significant challenges, including rejections of results by aspirants and protests over alleged irregularities.
Nigerian financial institutions are racing to meet a new CBN cybersecurity standard, while the Securities and Exchange Commission warns citizens against a rise in Ponzi schemes on social media. These efforts are part of broader regulatory oversight in the country's financial sector.
A senior ISIS leader has been killed in an operation, sparking controversy as he had previously been declared dead. The Defence Headquarters also denied any soldiers were killed during the operation.
The Nigerian military's Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has denied claims of civilian casualties following an airstrike in Zamfara, stating there is no evidence to support such allegations. This comes as the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) demands explanations regarding the reported civilian deaths.
The Nigerian Defence Headquarters has inaugurated a general court-martial to begin the trial of 36 military personnel accused of plotting a coup against President Tinubu. Journalists were reportedly barred from covering the proceedings.
A group condemns the killing of Brigadier General Oseni Braimah and other soldiers in a Borno State attack, calling for action against terrorism sponsors.
Read More:…
The Armed Forces of Nigeria reported significant operational successes in the first quarter of 2026, including the arrest of 1,359 suspects, rescue of 813 kidnapped victims, and dismantling of 101 illegal refineries.
Nigeria's Defence Headquarters has refuted Senator Ali Ndume's claims of an imminent terrorist takeover in the North-East, despite the Senator's warnings that Borno State and the wider region risk falling to terrorist groups due to overwhelmed troops.
ISLAMABAD: Expressing serious concern over a disquieting state of affairs in public appointments in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the Federal Constitutional Court (FCC) on Friday ordered a departmental inquiry against delinquent officials of the District Headquarters (DHQ) Hospital in Karak to discourage such irregularities in the future.
Headed by Justice Syed Hasan Azhar Rizvi, a two-judge FCC bench also set aside the appointments of several Class-IV employees at DHQ Hospital Karak and ordered a fres...
Nigeria's Defence Headquarters confirms that US military assistance is provided at no cost and does not compromise the nation's sovereignty, focusing on counter-terrorism training.
Nigerian aviation authorities have announced additional health screening measures and enhanced Ebola surveillance at airports. This move comes amidst global concerns over the spread of the deadly virus, aiming to prevent its entry and protect public health.
A joint military operation between the United States and Nigeria, involving coordinated airstrikes, has resulted in the death of a senior ISIS leader and over 20 militants in Nigeria. AFRICOM released video footage confirming the strikes against the Islamic State group fighters.
Saturday Night Live concluded its 51st season with a finale featuring a surprise performance by Paul McCartney and no cast goodbyes, hinting at potential changes for the offseason. The episode also included sketches involving Will Ferrell and references to political figures.
The Nigerian Defence Headquarters has provided details on a joint operation with the United States that resulted in the death of a senior ISIS commander.
Nigerian military officers have alleged delays in promotions due to mandatory training bottlenecks, though the Defence Headquarters has dismissed these claims, clarifying that the policy is not new.
Nigeria's Defence Headquarters has assured the public of fair and impartial justice for individuals accused of plotting a coup, as their court-martial proceedings continue.
Soldiers are feared killed after terrorists attacked the 29 Task Force Brigade of Operation Hadin Kai military base in Benisheikh, Borno State, Nigeria, late Wednesday.
Nigeria's Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has denied allegations of recruiting terrorists or killers into the military, clarifying that Operation Safe Corridor is a program designed to manage surrendered insurgents, not a recruitment drive.
Nigeria’s Defence Headquarters confirmed the deployment of US drones to the country for intelligence support, while denying any plans to relocate a US drone base there.
LOWER SOUTH WAZIRISTAN: A police constable was martyred after unidentified armed men opened fire in the Wana tehsil of Lower South Waziristan district, officials said on Tuesday.
According to District Police Officer (DPO) Mohammad Tahir, the attackers carried out a sudden assault in Mughal Khel village, leaving a constable, identified as Attaullah, critically wounded. He succumbed to his injuries on the spot.
His body was taken to the district headquarters hospital (DHQ) in Wana for legal for...