
DR Congo Ebola Outbreak Spreads, Sparks Public Anger and Event Cancellations
A deadly Ebola outbreak continues to spread in the Democratic Republic of Congo, reaching rebel-held areas and prompting residents to burn an Ebola treatment center amid growing fear. The escalating health crisis has also led to the cancellation of events, including a World Cup training camp and the India-Africa Forum Summit.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (84/100)Sources
Residents burn an Ebola center in Congo as fear and anger grow over the outbreak - AP News
Residents burn an Ebola center in Congo as fear and anger grow over the outbreak AP News
Read full article →DR Congo cancel World Cup training camp over Ebola outbreak
The outbreak, caused by a rare Ebola species, is thought to have caused 139 deaths so far.
Read full article →Residents set fire to an Ebola centre in DR Congo as fear and anger grow over outbreak
People set fire to an Ebola treatment centre in a town at the heart of the outbreak in eastern DR Congo on Thursday after being stopped from retrieving the body of a local man, a witness and a senior police officer said, as fear and anger grow over a health crisis that doctors are struggling to contain. The arson attack in Rwampara reflects the challenges of health workers trying to curb a rare Ebola virus by using stringent measures that might clash with local customs, such as burial rites. ...
By Associated Press
Read full article →Ebola: Experts warn of scale and spread of deadly virus
Health experts have warned the world is seeing just the "top of the iceberg" as the deadly Ebola outbreak spreads. Meanwhile, India and the African Union have postponed a scheduled summit due to the health emergency.
Read full article →Congo Ebola outbreak cases are ‘top of the iceberg’, coalition says - The Straits Times
Congo Ebola outbreak cases are ‘top of the iceberg’, coalition says The Straits Times
Read full article →Deadly DR Congo Ebola outbreak spreads to rebel-held South Kivu
A first Ebola case has been confirmed in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo's South Kivu province, in an area under the Rwanda-backed M23 militia's control, the armed group's spokesman said Thursday.
By RFI
Read full article →DR Congo cancel World Cup training in Kinshasa amid Ebola outbreak - The Daily Star
DR Congo cancel World Cup training in Kinshasa amid Ebola outbreak The Daily Star
Read full article →Ebola vaccine could take nine months as death toll rises further, WHO warns - Daily Mirror - Sri Lanka
Ebola vaccine could take nine months as death toll rises further, WHO warns Daily Mirror - Sri Lanka
Read full article →An Ebola outbreak has been declared in eastern DRC, according to the Africa CDC. - Seneweb
An Ebola outbreak has been declared in eastern DRC, according to the Africa CDC. Seneweb
Read full article →

