PERSPECTA

News from every angle

← Back to headlines

Trump urges Iran to make nuclear deal saying he’ll be ‘indirectly’ involved

US President Donald Trump said he will take part in Tuesday’s talks with Iran from Washington.

16 Feb, 21:49 — 17 Feb, 10:13
Excellent (79/100)
PostShare

Perspective Analysis

Comparing sources…

Read at source (7 outlets)

France 245d ago

Iran hold military drills in Strait of Hormuz ahead of US talks

US President Donald Trump said on Monday that he would be involved "indirectly" in high-stakes talks between Iran and the US over Tehran's nuclear program set for Tuesday in Geneva, adding he believed Tehran wanted to make a deal. His comments came as Iran held a military drill on Monday in the Strait of Hormuz, a vital international waterway and oil export route that Tehran had repeatedly ​threatened to close in retaliation against any attack. FRANCE 24's Douglas Herbert brings you this analysis.

By FRANCE24

Read full article →
NPR5d ago

Trump administration tries to resolve three crises with Iran, Ukraine and Gaza

This week, the Trump administration seeks diplomatic deals on three fronts, as it tries to make a nuclear deal with Iran, end the Russia-Ukraine war and advance a ceasefire in Gaza.

By Greg Myre

Read full article →
VnExpress5d ago

Vietnamese Party General Secretary to visit US

General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam To Lam will pay a working visit to the U.S., where he will attend the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace for Gaza from Feb. 18 to 20.

Read full article →
The Guardian5d ago

Trump has pulled the US out of the World Health Organization – here’s why that’s sheer hypocrisy | Devi Sridhar

There’s a lesson here for the UK and the anti-WHO Nigel Farage – Trump attacks it in public, but in private he knows he still needs it Donald Trump is persistent. In his first term as president, he withdrew the US from the World Health Organization (WHO) on 6 July 2020, giving the necessary one-year notice period. Soon after, Joe Biden was elected, and he reversed this executive order within days of being in office, reinstating the US support for the agency on 20 January 2021. While many hoped this would be the end of the story, Trump came back with a vengeance in his second term and immediately signed an executive order withdrawing on 20 January 2025. This means that – buried under news of other Trump-related chaos – the US formally left the WHO at the end of last month. It is just the second time in the agency’s history a major power has left. In 1949, during the cold war, the USSR withdrew citing unhappiness with the US influence over the organisation. In 1956, with concerns over disease surveillance and spread, the USSR re-engaged with the UN system. Prof Devi Sridhar is chair of global public health at the University of Edinburgh Continue reading...

By Devi Sridhar

Read full article →
Al Jazeera5d ago

Trump urges Iran to make nuclear deal saying he’ll be ‘indirectly’ involved

US President Donald Trump said he will take part in Tuesday’s talks with Iran from Washington.

Read full article →
wsj5d ago

Exclusive | U.S. Smuggled Thousands of Starlink Terminals Into Iran After Protest Crackdown - The Wall Street Journal

Exclusive | U.S. Smuggled Thousands of Starlink Terminals Into Iran After Protest Crackdown  The Wall Street Journal

Read full article →
BBC6d ago

'People shouldn't be dying just for existing' - Gauff on US issues

Coco Gauff says it is "tough to wake up" and see what is happening back home in the United States amid the president's immigration crackdown.

Read full article →