
Airbus, Air France Found Guilty of Manslaughter in 2009 Rio-Paris Crash
Airbus and Air France have been found guilty of manslaughter on appeal for their roles in the 2009 Rio-Paris plane crash that killed 228 people, a verdict that has brought mixed emotions among the victims' families.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (84/100)Sources
Airbus, Air France found guilty of manslaughter over 2009 Atlantic crash - Reuters
Airbus, Air France found guilty of manslaughter over 2009 Atlantic crash Reuters
Read full article →Why Airbus, Air France were convicted on appeal in 2009 Rio-Paris crash
The two aviation giants were convicted of manslaughter in the accident of flight AF447, which killed 228 people on June 1, 2009. Both companies had previously been found not guilty at the first trial. They are now challenging filing an appeal with France's highest court.
Read full article →Airbus, Air France found guilty of manslaughter over 2009 Atlantic crash
Read full article →Air France 2009 crash verdict sparks mixed emotions among victims’ families
The Brazilian head of a victims’ association for the 2009 crash of Flight 447 from Rio to Paris said that justice has yet to be served in France’s worst aviation crash after a Paris appeals court found Airbus and Air France guilty of manslaughter. Air France and Airbus, two of France’s most emblematic companies, said in separate statements that they would appeal Thursday’s ruling, potentially prolonging the legal battle for years. Brazilian Nelson Faria Marinho, who lost his son in the crash...
By Associated Press
Read full article →‘It’s some sort of justice for Aisling and those who lost their lives’ – bereaved dad speaks after Rio plane crash verdict
After almost 17 years of waiting, Airbus and Air France have been found guilty of corporate manslaughter in tragedy
By Eavan Murray
Read full article →Air France and Airbus found guilty of manslaughter over 2009 Rio-Paris crash
The Paris Court of Appeals on Thursday found Air France and Airbus guilty of manslaughter in connection with the crash of flight AF447, which plunged into the Atlantic Ocean on 1 June 2009 on the Rio de Janeiro–Paris route with a death toll of 228 people. The ruling overturns the April 2023 decision in which both companies had been acquitted, and finds the airline and the manufacturer "solely and entirely responsible" for the disaster, according to the BBC news agency. Both Air France and Air...
Read full article →


