
WHO Expresses Concern Over Rapid Ebola Spread in DR Congo
The World Health Organization (WHO) has expressed deep concern over the scale and speed of the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The death toll has risen significantly, prompting the WHO to consider emergency measures and potential vaccines.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (100/100)Sources
Congo health ministry reports 131 deaths and 513 suspected Ebola cases in eastern Congo - AP News
Congo health ministry reports 131 deaths and 513 suspected Ebola cases in eastern Congo AP News
Read full article →Flawed tests and funerals allowed Ebola to spread undetected, sources say - Reuters
Flawed tests and funerals allowed Ebola to spread undetected, sources say Reuters
Read full article →Ebola may be spreading faster than first thought, WHO doctor warns
Hundreds of cases are suspected in central Africa but experts fear the actual number may be much higher.
Read full article →W.H.O. Chief Is ‘Deeply Concerned’ By Speed and Scale of Ebola Outbreak As Cases Rise
The warning came shortly after Congo officials reported more than 130 suspected deaths and 513 cases, a sharp rise since the outbreak was first reported over the weekend.
By Yan Zhuang
Read full article →WHO head ‘deeply concerned’ by Ebola outbreak as cases and deaths surge in DRC
At least 130 people thought to have been killed, says Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus before emergency meeting ‘It’s heartbreaking’: panic in eastern DRC over return of Ebola The director general of the World Health Organization has said he is deeply concerned about the scale and the speed of the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said there had been at least 500 suspected cases of Ebola and 130 suspected deaths in DRC since the new outbreak beg...
By Kat Lay in Geneva and agencies
Read full article →WHO to hold emergency committee meeting as Ebola death toll rises to 131
A panel of experts led by the WHO is to meet to discuss vaccine options for new epidemic.
Read full article →‘There are bodies everywhere’: ghost of ebola returns to haunt Congo - The Times
‘There are bodies everywhere’: ghost of ebola returns to haunt Congo The Times
Read full article →WHO concerned about 'scale and speed' of Ebola outbreak, with 131 now dead
At least 131 deaths and over 500 suspected cases have been reported in the latest Ebola outbreak in eastern Congo, the Congolese health ministry said Tuesday as the World Health Organization's head expressed concern over the "scale and speed of the epidemic."
Read full article →WHO concerned by 'scale and speed' of Ebola spread in DRC
Congo's Health Ministry has logged 131 suspected deaths and 513 potential cases in the latest outbreak in the country's east. The World Health Organization is holding an emergency meeting on Tuesday in Geneva.
Read full article →WHO warns of ‘scale and speed’ of deadly Ebola outbreak
The World Health Organization chief voiced concern on Tuesday about the “scale and speed” of an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo which has killed an estimated 131 people. The WHO has declared the surge of the highly contagious haemorrhagic fever an international health emergency and was expected to hold an emergency meeting on the crisis on Tuesday. No vaccine or therapeutic treatment exists for the Bundibugyo strain of Ebola responsible for the latest outbreak of the diseas...
By Agence France-Presse
Read full article →Rd Congo sounds alarm over Ebola outbreak
RD Congo is to open three Ebola treatment centres as the World Health Organisation is also sending a team of experts to the country following an outbreak of the rare type of the virus. At least 131 have died, and over 500 have been infected. The US is also screening passengers coming from the outbreak-hit areas.
By FRANCE24
Read full article →Congo records 26 more Ebola deaths in 24 hours as virus spreads to densely populated city
WHO chief says he’s ‘deeply concerned’ about the scale and speed of the epidemic
By Erikas Mwisi Kambale
Read full article →Ebola outbreak worries WHO over 'scale and speed': What to know
A severe Ebola outbreak, caused by the rare Bundibugyo virus, has claimed 130 lives with over 500 suspected cases. The World Health Organization warns of high risk to neighboring nations, stressing human-to-human transmission via bodily fluids and contact with infected animals. Emergency response systems are being activated to combat the escalating crisis.
By TOI World Desk
Read full article →WHO holds key meeting after declaring Ebola outbreak in DR Congo a public health emergency
The Bundibugyo strain is one of the least-studied variants of the Ebola virus; lack of vaccines and treatment knowledge sends panic waves across health sectors
Read full article →Ebola virus: Thailand tracks travellers from high-risk areas, puts hospitals on alert - The Straits Times
Ebola virus: Thailand tracks travellers from high-risk areas, puts hospitals on alert The Straits Times
Read full article →Ebola Outbreak: Africa CDC Declares Continental Emergency
The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) has declared the Ebola outbreak in DR Congo and Uganda a Continental Public Health Emergency...
Read full article →WHO chief concerned at speed and scale of Ebola outbreak
The head of the World Health Organization expressed deep concern on Tuesday at the speed and scale of the Ebola outbreak, as the number of cases rises. There have been at least 500 suspected cases and 130 suspected deaths from Ebola since the new outbreak began, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said. Later figures put […]
Read full article →WHO worried about ’scale and speed’ of deadly Ebola outbreak
The WHO has declared the surge of the highly contagious hemorrhagic fever an international health emergency.
Read full article →Ebola declared 'continental emergency'; WHO chief concerned at 'scale and speed' of DR Congo outbreak
The head of the World Health Organisation (WHO) on Tuesday expressed concern at the speed and scale of the Ebola outbreak in central Africa — declared a “continental” emergency — as the number of deaths in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) jumped to 131. The toll from the Ebola outbreak in the DRC has risen to an estimated 131 deaths from 513 suspected cases, health minister Samuel Roger Kamba said. There has also been one death in neighbouring Uganda. However, speaking to Congolese nati...
By none@none.com (AFP)
Read full article →WHO chief 'deeply concerned' by scale of Ebola outbreak
The head of the World Health Organization has said he is "deeply concerned" over the scale and spread of the Ebola outbreak in DR Congo.
Read full article →Singapore steps up health measures after Ebola outbreak in DR Congo, Uganda
Health advisories are now in place at all points of entry to Singapore for arriving and departing travellers.
Read full article →Italian health ministry takes precautionary measures over Ebola outbreak
(ANSA) - ROME, MAY 19 - The Italian health ministry on Tuesday issued a circular letter outlining preventative measures related the the outbreak of the Bundibugyo virus, a variant of Ebola, in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda. "Given the uncertainties regarding the scale and geographic spread of this outbreak, the potential severity of the infection, and the lack of approved specific treatments or vaccines, in accordance with the principle of maximum caution, it is deemed necessary...
By ANSA
Read full article →Ebola deaths hit 131 as outbreak's 'scale and speed' worry WHO
The World Health Organization voiced concern Tuesday over the “scale and speed” of an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo that has killed an estimated 131 people...
Read full article →WHO declares Ebola outbreak in DRC, Uganda global health emergency
The agency warned that the outbreak poses a high regional risk, with infections already detected in Uganda and a linked case reaching Kinshasa, the densely populated capital of the DRC. The post WHO declares Ebola outbreak in DRC, Uganda global health emergency appeared first on Premium Times Nigeria.
By Zainab Adewale
Read full article →Ebola outbreak: Health workers race to respond in DR Congo - The Daily Star
Ebola outbreak: Health workers race to respond in DR Congo The Daily Star
Read full article →Meeting at EODY following ECDC mobilization over Ebola outbreak in Africa
The ECDC has already decided, among other measures, to send experts to the Democratic Republic of the Congo to support efforts to respond to the virus outbreak in the country The post Meeting at EODY following ECDC mobilization over Ebola outbreak in Africa appeared first on ProtoThema English.
By admin
Read full article →WHO to hold emergency committee meeting as Ebola death toll rises to 131
A panel of experts led by the WHO is to meet to discuss vaccine options for new epidemic.
By Deborah Okailey Quarcoo
Read full article →WHO chief says ‘deeply concerned’ by ‘scale and speed’ of DR Congo Ebola outbreak - Kuwait Times
WHO chief says ‘deeply concerned’ by ‘scale and speed’ of DR Congo Ebola outbreak Kuwait Times
Read full article →


