PERSPECTA

News from every angle

Back to headlines

Bodies of Two Italian Divers Recovered from Maldives Cave After Tragic Accident

The bodies of two Italian divers, Federico Gualtieri and another, who died during a diving excursion in a cave at a depth of around 60 meters in the Maldives last week, have been successfully recovered. The complex operation involved international assistance, including Finnish divers.

18 May, 18:21 — 19 May, 10:30
PostShare

The Story

Analyzing sources…

Source Diversity

Source Diversity

Excellent (84/100)
21 sources33/33
Spectrum spread3/5 buckets covered17/33
Far L
Left9
Left (9)
helsingin-sanomatindex-hrn1-serbiaBBCnewsbeastyle-uutisethotnewsla-repubblica+1 more
Center7
Center (7)
orfANSASCMPbalkan-webAPklix-baenews
Right5
Right (5)
channel-news-asiael-mundole-figarodie-presseirish-independent
Far R
Geographic diversity16 regions34/34
US3Austria2Italy2Finland2Singapore1Spain1Croatia1Serbia1France1UK1Hong Kong1Greece1Albania1Romania1Ireland1Bosnia1

Sources

Showing 7 of 21 sources
APVery High4h ago

Finnish divers will try to recover 2 of the dead Italians from an underwater cave in the Maldives - AP News

Finnish divers will try to recover 2 of the dead Italians from an underwater cave in the Maldives  AP News

Read full article →
BBCHigh1h ago

Two bodies of missing Italians recovered from inside Maldives cave

The two were among four divers located in the furthest chamber in the cave and their bodies were recovered by specialist divers.

Read full article →
SCMPMostly Factual1h ago

Bodies of 2 Italian divers recovered from ‘well inside’ underwater cave in Maldives

Finnish divers on Tuesday recovered the bodies of two of the four remaining Italians who died deep inside an underwater cave in an atoll in the Maldives, an official said. The bodies were located on Monday, when searches resumed after being suspended following the death of a local military diver during a perilous mission to try to reach them. Five Italian divers went missing on Thursday, with one of the bodies recovered earlier. The plan is to recover the remaining two bodies on Wednesday. Th...

By Associated Press

Read full article →
YahooMostly Factual17h ago

Bodies of four missing Italian divers found inside 'shark cave' in Maldives days after they vanished

Read full article →
irish-independent7h ago

Four bodies found in search for missing cave divers in the Maldives

By Robert White

Read full article →
ANSAMostly Factual1h ago

Bodies of two Italian divers who died in Maldives recovered

(ANSA) - ROME, MAY 19 - Expert divers on Tuesday recovered the bodies of two of the five Italians who died while scuba diving in a cave at a depth of around 60 metres in the Maldives last week. The recovered bodies were those of Federico Gualtieri and Monica Montefalcone, sources said. The Maldivian authorities had previously said they would try to recover two more bodies, those of Montefalcone's daughter Giorgia Sommacal and Muriel Oddenino from the cave in a separate dive on Wednesday. The ...

By ANSA

Read full article →
enewsMixed15h ago

Maldives Diving Tragedy: What Happened on Excursion That Left 5 Dead

Four Italian tourists, all experienced divers, and their instructor set out on a scuba excursion May 14 in the Maldives to explore a sea cave. None of them survived the journey. The body of...

By Natalie Finn

Read full article →

Coverage Timeline

First report: Yahoo · 18 May, 18:21Full coverage: 21 · 16hWindow: 16h
Left-leaningCenterRight-leaning
Yahoo18 May, 18:21First to report

Bodies of four missing Italian divers found inside 'shark cave' in Maldives days after they vanished

2h later
enews18 May, 20:31

Maldives Diving Tragedy: What Happened on Excursion That Left 5 Dead

8h later
klix-ba19 May, 04:15

Pronađena beživotna tijela četiri nestala italijanska ronioca u pećini na Maldivima

irish-independent19 May, 04:30

Four bodies found in search for missing cave divers in the Maldives

2h later
la-repubblica19 May, 06:46

Sub morti alle Maldive, inizia il recupero di due dei quattro corpi

AP19 May, 07:16

Finnish divers will try to recover 2 of the dead Italians from an underwater cave in the Maldives - AP News

hotnews19 May, 07:28

Tragedia din Maldive: Ce s-a întâmplat de fapt cu scafandrii italieni găsiți morți în peșterile subacvatice

balkan-web19 May, 07:45

U mbytën në Maldive/ Pas lokalizimit, nis operacioni për nxjerrjen e trupave të zhytësve profesionistë italianë

1h later
yle-uutiset19 May, 09:03

Suomalaissukeltajat ovat nostaneet merestä kaksi ruumista Malediiveilla

newsbeast19 May, 09:05

«Το σπήλαιο είναι αμείλικτο και απόλυτα σκοτεινό»: Το φρικτό τέλος των πέντε δυτών στις Μαλδίβες

SCMP19 May, 09:46

Bodies of 2 Italian divers recovered from ‘well inside’ underwater cave in Maldives

BBC19 May, 10:04

Two bodies of missing Italians recovered from inside Maldives cave

die-presse19 May, 10:10

Taucherdrama auf den Malediven: Zwei tote Italiener aus „Höhle der Haie“ geborgen

le-figaro19 May, 10:12

Maldives : les corps de deux plongeurs italiens morts ont été récupérés à l’issue d’une vaste opération

n1-serbia19 May, 10:12

Finski ronioci izvukli tela dvojice Italijana iz podvodne pećine atola na Maldivima

index-hr19 May, 10:14

Finski ronioci izvukli tijela talijanskih ronilaca na Maldivima

el-mundo19 May, 10:16

La carta del novio de Giorgia Sommacal, fallecida en las Maldivas: "Nada en la vida es en vano. Deberíamos tener el valor de amar más"

channel-news-asia19 May, 10:21

Two bodies of Italian divers recovered in Maldives

helsingin-sanomat19 May, 10:22

Malediivien sukellusturma | Suomalais­sukeltajat auttoivat nostamaan kahden italialaisen ruumiit meri­luolastosta

ANSA19 May, 10:30

Bodies of two Italian divers who died in Maldives recovered

orf19 May, 10:33Latest update

Zwei Leichen von Tauchern auf Malediven geborgen