Canal+ Threatens to Blacklist Artists Over Anti-Bolloré Petition
The head of Canal+, a major financier of French cinema, has threatened to blacklist artists and talents who signed a petition against its owner, right-wing billionaire Vincent Bolloré. This controversial move has sent shockwaves through the French film industry.
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
High (63/100)Sources
Canal+, top financier of French cinema, threatens to cuts ties with artists behind anti-owner petition
The petition called people to mobilize against 'the growing grip of the far right' on the film industry under the influence of conservative billionaire Vincent Bolloré and the Canal+ group.
Read full article →France’s top film producer says it will blacklist figures who petitioned against rightwing billionaire
Canal+ head says he will not work with hundreds of actors and directors who signed protest against Vincent Bolloré’s political sway The head of France’s biggest film producer, Canal+, has said the group will no longer work with hundreds of cinema figures who signed a petition voicing concern over the growing influence of the rightwing billionaire owner Vincent Bolloré. The open letter, published earlier this week to coincide with the opening of the Cannes film festival, was signed by more tha...
By Nadia Khomami in Cannes
Read full article →Canal+ Head Says He Will Blacklist Talents Who Petitioned Against Right-Wing Billionaire Owner
Canal+ CEO Maxime Saada said he no longer wanted to work with talents, including Juliette Binoche and Adèle Haenel, who signed an open letter opposing studio boss Vincent Bolloré.
By Scott Roxborough
Read full article →Shock threat by billionaire Bollore's Canal+ group rocks French cinema
The head of France's biggest film producer, Canal+, said Sunday that the group would no longer work with 600 industry professionals who signed a petition against right-wing billionaire owner Vincent Bolloré.
By RFI
Read full article →

