
American Contracts Ebola in Congo; US Implements Travel Screening
An American citizen contracted the Ebola virus in Congo, prompting the United States to implement new travel screening measures for arrivals from affected regions. This infection occurred amidst an ongoing Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda, which has led to an international emergency declaration and enhanced regional surveillance.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (100/100)Sources
Austria include Arnautovic in World Cup squad
Former West Ham and Stoke striker Marko Arnautovic is included in Austria's squad for their first appearance at a World Cup in 28 years.
Read full article →Ebola Was Identified in Congo Weeks Before W.H.O. Declared an Emergency
Early surveillance and testing failed to identify Bundibugyo, a rare species of Ebola responsible for the current outbreak.
By Ruth Maclean
Read full article →‘It is heartbreaking’: panic in eastern DRC over return of Ebola
Residents of Ituri province fear spread of disease and economic impact of outbreak six years after the last “On public transport, in bars and at mass gatherings, everyone is talking about Ebola,” said Gloire Mumbesa, 38, a resident of Mongbwalu, a mining town in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. He said cases of the disease had been reported locally and panic was engulfing the area because of the lack of a vaccine for the Bundibudyo strain. “The fear is that this disease may spread to man...
By Carlos Mureithi in Nairobi and Prosper Heri Ngorora in Goma
Read full article →WHO chief ties funding cuts to Ebola, hantavirus outbreaks
Recent outbreaks of hantavirus and Ebola are tied to funding cuts to the WHO, the WHO chief and other UN leaders said.
Read full article →US issues urgent travel warning as deadly Ebola outbreak spreads overseas
U.S. officials warn Americans against traveling to Congo's Ituri Province amid a deadly Ebola outbreak, raising the travel advisory to Level 4.
Read full article →One American tests positive for Ebola virus amid outbreak in Congo and Uganda
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed on Monday that one American has tested positive for Ebola as part of their work in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Read full article →WHO kicks off annual assembly amid Ebola, hantavirus, US withdrawal, funding cuts
The World Health Organization opened a meeting of global health ministers on Monday amid concern over deadly hantavirus and Ebola outbreaks and uncertainty over announced US and Argentinian withdrawals. While the rare hantavirus outbreak on a cruise ship that has gripped global attention is not officially on the agenda, it is expected to feature prominently in discussions, alongside the latest Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The two outbreaks “are just the latest crises in...
By Agence France-Presse
Read full article →Ebola: DR Congo outbreak a global health emergency, says WHO
An outbreak of a rare strain of the Ebola virus in DR Congo was declared “a public health emergency of international concern” by the World Health Organization on Sunday. The outbreak in the eastern Ituri province has already caused at least 91 deaths, with around 350 suspected cases.
By FRANCE24
Read full article →How funerals and botched tests allowed Congo’s latest Ebola outbreak to become a global health emergency
By the time new infections were confirmed, it was already one of the largest outbreaks on record
By Clement Bonnerot
Read full article →Austria include Arnautovic in World Cup squad
Former West Ham and Stoke striker Marko Arnautovic is included in Austria's squad for their first appearance at a World Cup in 28 years.
Read full article →US implements temporary travel restrictions to curb Ebola risk - The Straits Times
US implements temporary travel restrictions to curb Ebola risk The Straits Times
Read full article →Frequent infectious disease outbreaks becoming more damaging: Report
The report analyses a decade of Public Heath Emergencies of International Concern (PHEICs), from Ebola in West Africa to COVID-19 to mpox
Read full article →Concerns 'excessive force' used against Congolese man
The Irish Network Against Racism says its very concerned that excessive force may have been used against a Congolese man who died following an alleged shoplifting incident in Dublin last week.
Read full article →DRC Ebola outbreak: 'Nobody has a grip on the numbers,’ top expert warns
An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has killed dozens and spread beyond the country’s borders, with Jean-Jacques Muyembe – the Congolese scientist who co-discovered the virus nearly 50 years ago – telling RFI that health authorities may have detected the epidemic too late and still do not know how far it has spread.
By RFI
Read full article →Flawed tests and funerals allowed Ebola to spread undetected in Congo
By the time health officials confirmed new Ebola infections in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo last week, the total number of suspected cases meant the outbreak was already one of the largest on record. A series of challenges and missteps delayed detection, two Congolese officials familiar with the response told Reuters, allowing the disease to spread undetected into rebel-held territory in the east and across the border to the capital of Uganda. Local funeral practices helped the virus ...
By none@none.com (Reuters)
Read full article →WHO: DRC Ebola outbreak is global emergency
There are no approved vaccines or treatments for this strain of the virus
By Peter Weber, The Week US
Read full article →WHO kicks off annual assembly amid hantavirus, Ebola crises - Arab News
WHO kicks off annual assembly amid hantavirus, Ebola crises Arab News
Read full article →WHO members meet as hantavirus, Ebola outbreaks raise alarm
Member states of the World Health Organization (WHO) gather in Geneva on Monday for their annual meeting amid growing concerns over deadly hantavirus and Ebola outbreaks, as well a...
Read full article →WHO kicks off annual assembly amid hantavirus, Ebola crises - Dhaka Tribune
WHO kicks off annual assembly amid hantavirus, Ebola crises Dhaka Tribune
Read full article →At least 100 deaths reported in Ebola outbreak in DR Congo as 6 Americans exposed
At least 100 deaths have been reported in an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo, with more than 390 cases suspected, the head of the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention has told the BBC.
By Clara Seshie
Read full article →Jakobsdóttir’s commission calls for a global climate health emergency - Iceland Monitor
Jakobsdóttir’s commission calls for a global climate health emergency Iceland Monitor
Read full article →Rwanda on alert as Ebola outbreak is declared global emergency| The New Times - The New Times
Rwanda on alert as Ebola outbreak is declared global emergency| The New Times The New Times
Read full article →Ebola in DRC: International health alert, first case in zone M23 - Seneweb
Ebola in DRC: International health alert, first case in zone M23 Seneweb
Read full article →Breaking Travel Update – Ebola Threat Prompts Urgent US Advisory for Central African Destinations in 2026 - Travel And Tour World
Breaking Travel Update – Ebola Threat Prompts Urgent US Advisory for Central African Destinations in 2026 Travel And Tour World
Read full article →


