PERSPECTA

News from every angle

← Back to headlines

Italian Government Plans Ban on Air-Transport Strikes

Italy's Deputy Premier and Transport Minister Matteo Salvini announced that the government intends to ban air-transport strikes in connection with the Milano Cortina event.

13 Feb, 14:18 — 13 Feb, 14:18
PostShare
Only 1 source covers this story

Read at source (1 outlet)

ANSA8d ago

Milano Cortina: Govt set to ban air-transport strikes says Salvini

(ANSA) - ROME, FEB 13 - Deputy Premier and Transport Minister Matteo Salvini said Friday that the government is set to ban air-transport strikes called for February 16 and March 7 after trade unions ignored a call from Italy's strikes authority to move them so they do not affect the Milano Cortino 2026 Winter Olympics and Paralympics. The Olympics opened last Friday and run until February 22 while the Paralympics take place March 6 to 15. The authority said the strikes should take place between February 24 and March 4. Earlier on Friday the unions said they were standing by the initial strike dates after talks at the transport ministry on Friday over issues regarding the renewal of the sector's collective contract that are at the centre of the protest. "We are working on the injunction, the text of which will come through within minutes, to stop the air strikes during the Olympics and Paralympics so as not to damage the picture of positivity and efficiency that Italy is giving thanks to everyone's work," Salvini said on the sidelines of the opening of an exhibition in Milan. "We will soon come out with what the law enables me to do, that is, to guarantee the right to strike, but not during an event that two billion people are watching. "I have committed to the unions to invite them to talks on the renewal of the contracts and the National Airport Plan after the end of the Paralympics". (ANSA). Read article...

By ANSA

Read full article →