
Trump's $1.8 Billion Compensation Fund Draws Widespread Criticism
Donald Trump has proposed a $1.8 billion compensation fund, reportedly aimed at his allies or those he deems 'victims of the Biden administration,' which has drawn significant criticism. Critics have labeled the initiative as potentially corrupt and a symbol of a brazen presidency.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (92/100)Sources
Louisiana Sen. Bill Cassidy has no regrets over Trump impeachment vote, even as it cost him his seat - AP News
Louisiana Sen. Bill Cassidy has no regrets over Trump impeachment vote, even as it cost him his seat AP News
Read full article →Trump administration unveils $1.7bn fund to compensate his allies as he drops tax lawsuit
The settlement will go towards individuals who allege they were subjected to unfair investigations.
Read full article →Top Treasury Lawyer Resigns After Creation of ‘Anti-Weaponization Fund’
Brian Morrissey, the department’s general counsel, stepped down hours after the Trump administration announced the $1.8 billion fund.
By Andrew Duehren
Read full article →Trump’s compensation plan is a metaphor for a brazen presidency - CNN
Trump’s compensation plan is a metaphor for a brazen presidency CNN
Read full article →DOJ announces $1.8bn fund to compensate Trump allies
The Trump administration has rolled out the 'AntiWeaponisation Fund', a staggering $1.8 billion initiative aimed at reconciling claims from allies of the former president, who contend they have faced unjust scrutiny from the Justice Department. This fund is a direct result of Trump’s decision to drop his extensive $10 billion lawsuit against the IRS, signaling a shift in strategy.
Read full article →Jon Stewart Worries About Trump’s Foreign Policy Skills: ‘He Should Not Have This Job’
"You flew there to personally confront our rival superpower on the escalating trade and geopolitical tensions between us, and all you came back with was his Instagram?"
By Emily Zemler
Read full article →Greenland says US talks make progress but island is not for sale
Greenland's government said Monday that progress has been made in high-stakes talks with the US over the territory's future, but that the giant island sought by US President Donald Trump will never be for sale. US special envoy Jeff Landry, appointed by Trump last year to push for American control of Greenland, arrived in Nuuk Sunday and met on Monday with Prime Minister Jens-Frederik Nielsen and Foreign Minister Mute Egede. "We believe there is progress, and from Greenland's side we are foc
By The Korea Herald
Read full article →Trump drops IRS lawsuit in exchange for DOJ ‘weaponization’ fund
The settlement creates a nearly $1.8 billion DOJ-controlled fund for alleged victims of political “weaponization,” drawing sharp criticism from legal experts and democrats.
Read full article →Atiku’s US lobbyist alleges political intimidation, threatens to brief Trump
Former VP Atiku Abubakar’s US lobbyist accuses the Tinubu administration of political intimidation and weakening democracy ahead of the 2027 elections. Read More: https://punchng.com/atikus-us-lobbyist-alleges-political-intimidation-threatens-to-brief-trump/
By Punch Newspapers
Read full article →Coverage Timeline
Related Stories

Trump Considers Military Action Against Iran Amid Hormuz Blockade Discussions; UK Declines to Join
just now

Philippine NTF-Elcac mourns death of ex-student leader in Negros clash
just now

Marcos Swears In Kim Robert de Leon as New DBM Chief
just now

Valenzuela City to Take Over Pumping Stations by June 2026
just now